[DL] T98-sat File Naming

Ian Horrocks horrocks at cs.man.ac.uk
Mon Aug 7 10:52:21 CEST 2006

On 4 Aug 2006, at 14:10, T.Herchenroeder at sms.ed.ac.uk wrote:

> Is anybody on the list knowledgeable about the DL'98 test suite
> (http://dl.kr.org/dl98/comparison/data.html)?

It is a compilation of various existing test sets and (supposedly) hard
problems, some of which are described in Heinsohn, Kudenko, Nebel and
Profitlich: An empirical analysis of terminological representation
systems that appeared in AIJ. A complete description of the test set,
along with pointers to the relevant literature, can be found in the
DL98 proceedings at CEUR or at
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~horrocks/Publications/download/1998/dl98-
systems.ps.gz

> I'm particularly interested in the T98-sat tests. They are distributed
> over 9 pairs of files,

These tests were adapted from a modal logic test suite developed by
Peter Balsiger, Alain Heuerding and Stefan Schwendimann and used in a
similar comparison of "non-classical systems" (TANCS) at the
Tableaux'98 conference. You can find a JAR paper describing their work
at:

http://wotan.liu.edu/docis/dbl/joaure/2000_24_3_297_ABMFTP.html#

Ian