[DL] T98-sat File Naming

T.Herchenroeder at sms.ed.ac.uk T.Herchenroeder at sms.ed.ac.uk
Fri Aug 4 15:10:41 CEST 2006

Is anybody on the list knowledgeable about the DL'98 test suite
(http://dl.kr.org/dl98/comparison/data.html)?

I'm particularly interested in the T98-sat tests. They are distributed
over 9 pairs of files,

k_branch_n.alc
k_branch_p.alc
k_d4_n.alc
k_d4_p.alc
k_dum_n.alc
k_dum_p.alc
k_grz_n.alc
k_grz_p.alc
k_lin_n.alc
k_lin_p.alc
k_path_n.alc
k_path_p.alc
k_ph_n.alc
k_ph_p.alc
k_poly_n.alc
k_poly_p.alc
k_t4p_n.alc
k_t4p_p.alc

It appears that the author of the test has given some thought towards
the naming of the files ('k_branch*', 'k_d4*', 'k_dum*',...), which
might indicate a common theme for the contained queries.

I know _n.* and _p.* signify consistency/inconsistency. But can anybody
elaborate on the middle parts of the names 'branch', 'd4', 'dum', etc. ?

Thanks,
=Thomas