[DL] User study for explaining missing entailments in Protégé

Stefan Borgwardt stefan.borgwardt at tu-dresden.de
Tue Jan 23 13:11:51 CET 2024

[Apologies for cross-posting]

*User study for explaining missing entailments*

https://github.com/de-tu-dresden-inf-lat/evee
<https://github.com/de-tu-dresden-inf-lat/evee>

Dear colleagues,

We are looking for interested students or ontology engineers to
participate in our study.

Background:

When working with ontologies, understanding entailments derived by a
reasoner is not always straightforward. So, we introduce Evee
<https://github.com/de-tu-dresden-inf-lat/evee>, a collection of Protégé
<https://protege.stanford.edu/>plugins for explaining entailments.

Goal:

We are researching the usability of different methods of explaining
missing entailments in an ontology using Evee
<https://github.com/de-tu-dresden-inf-lat/evee>.

Requirements:

  *

    you have worked with Protégé,

  *

    you are familiar with OWL ontologies,

  *

    you are willing to use Zoom for recording the session

The online interview will take around 1.5 hours and we will compensate
you for your support in our research study with a 20€ gift card.

If you are interested or have any questions, contact Ida Siahaan
(ida_sri_rejeki.siahaan at tu-dresden.de
<mailto:ida_sri_rejeki.siahaan at tu-dresden.de>) for scheduling or Stefan
Borgwardt (stefan.borgwardt at tu-dresden.de
<mailto:stefan.borgwardt at tu-dresden.de>) for scientific matters.

The research is funded by the DFG in the Center for Perspicuous
Computing (CPEC <https://www.perspicuous-computing.science/>).

Kind regards,

Stefan Borgwardt

--
Dr. Stefan Borgwardt

Technische Universität Dresden
Faculty of Computer Science
Institute of Theoretical Computer Science
Chair of Automata Theory
01062 Dresden

+49 351 463-39209
https://lat.inf.tu-dresden.de/~stefborg/