[DL] [Jobs] Lecturer/Senior Lecturer positions at the University of Liverpool

Konev, Boris konev at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Sep 26 10:03:38 CEST 2023

Dear colleagues,

The University of Liverpool has four open positions in Computer Science at the Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level, and we welcome applications from all areas, including Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, Description Logics, Ontologies, Databases, and Semantic (and Neural) Technologies in general https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/DBZ214/lecturer-senior-lecturer-in-computer-science-4-posts-grade-8-9 also job reference 063526 on https://recruit.liverpool.ac.uk.

The closing date is 15 October.

Please see the advert below.
Regards,
Boris

 -------------------------
Salary: £45,585-57,698 (Grade 8) and £59,421-75,227 (Grade 9) pa

In this open call, we are recruiting for FOUR positions of lecturer/senior lecturer in the Department of Computer Science. We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a strong focus on research, who will conduct research of international standard and contribute to effective teaching in the department. Depending on the experience and qualifications of successful candidates, at least two of these positions may be filled at the Senior Lecturer level. The selection for these posts will be based on the applicants' teaching experience, proven research track record, or industrial experience. We value theoretical, applied, and interdisciplinary research and research leading to economic and social impact outside academia. Our four overarching research themes are:

  *   Algorithms and Networks
  *   Artificial Intelligence
  *   Economics and Computation
  *   Logical Methods in Computer Science.
We seek strong candidates whose research aligns with one or more of these themes and applicants who can contribute to expanding our expertise into other areas. Eligible candidates should have a PhD in Computer Science or a closely related discipline and possess an excellent track record or demonstrable potential for innovative research and effective teaching.

We are committed to encouraging, developing, and supporting individuals in their research and academic careers. We continually strive to create an inclusive environment, which values a diverse workforce, and we recognise that many individuals value flexibility in their work/life balance. These posts are full-time but may be taken up on a part-time (a minimum of 0.5 FTE) or a job share basis. We strongly encourage applications from individuals from groups underrepresented within our workforce, particularly women and people who identify as Black, Asian or from a Minority Ethnic background.

Please note that the responsibilities and recognition associated with the position of a newly appointed lecturer in the UK are comparable to those of an assistant professor in the United States. These positions are permanent, subject to successfully passing the probation period in year 3 of the appointment and have no end date on the contract. Similarly, the post of a senior lecturer is equivalent to an associate professor role.

--
Prof. Boris Konev
Head of Department of Computer Science