[DL] Lectureships in Liverpool

Wolter, Frank wolter at liverpool.ac.uk
Sun Apr 2 19:04:06 CEST 2023

Applications from candidates working in knowledge representation/description logics are welcome! Happy to provide more information.

Frank

The Department of Computer Science at the University of Liverpool, ranked 8th in the UK according to the CSRankings, is recruiting two positions: One role is at Lecturer level, and the other is at Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level. In terms of responsibilities and recognition, the position of a newly appointed lecturer in the UK is comparable to that of an assistant professor in the United States, and a senior lecturer is comparable to an associate professor. These positions are permanent (subject to passing the probation in year 3 of the appointment), with no end date on the contract.
The appointment will be based on your proven research track record or industrial experience. We value both theoretical, applied, and interdisciplinary research and research leading to economic and social impact outside academia. Our four overarching research themes are:
*          Algorithms and Networks
*          Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
*          Economics and Computation
*          Logical Methods in Computer Science.
We seek candidates whose research aligns with one or more of these themes, but strong applicants broadening our expertise will also be considered.
You should have a PhD in Computer Science or a closely related discipline, and an excellent track record or demonstrable potential for innovative research and teaching.

We are committed to encouraging, developing, and supporting individuals in their research and academic careers. We continually strive to create an inclusive environment, which values a diverse workforce, and we recognise that many individuals value flexibility in their work/life balance. These posts are full-time but may be taken up on a part-time (a minimum of 0.5 FTE) or a job share basis. We strongly encourage applications from individuals from groups underrepresented within our workforce, particularly women and people who identify as Black, Asian or from a Minority Ethnic background.
Please note that in terms of responsibilities and recognition, the position of a newly appointed lecturer in the UK is comparable to that of an assistant professor in the United States. These positions are permanent (subject to passing the probation in year 3 of the appointment), with no end date on the contract.
If interested, please refer to recruit.liverpool.ac.uk  job reference 057276, for the submission of applications.