[DL] Vacancy: Assistant Professor in Machine Learning (tenure track) @ Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam

Hoogendoorn, M. (Mark) m.hoogendoorn at vu.nl
Fri May 20 09:09:32 CEST 2022

At the Department of Computer Science of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam we have a tenure track position available in Machine Learning. The application deadline is June 21st 2022. Please find a brief description of the position below including a link to a more detailed vacancy description.

Assistant Professor in Machine Learning (tenure track)

We are looking for a new assistant professor who will collaboratively contribute to research and teaching in the area of machine learning (ML). The position is embedded in the Quantitative Data Analytics group of the VU. The group focuses on both fundamental and application-driven research in ML. We are looking for candidates with experience in the area of machine learning, with a special preference for those having expertise in one or more of the following areas: data-efficient ML methods, explainability of ML methods, and the utilization of domain knowledge in ML. We are interested in attracting an active researcher, able to perform ground-breaking research and to apply this research in relevant societal domains, including health-related analytics. On top, the candidate should be passionate about teaching.

For more details, see https://workingat.vu.nl/ad/tenure-track-assistant-professor-machine-learning/vpry6a

Best regards,

Mark

-----
Mark Hoogendoorn

Full Professor of Artificial Intelligence
Chair Quantitative Data Analytics Group

Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Faculty of Science, Department of Computer Science
T +31 20 59 87772 | M +31 6 539 22626
E m.hoogendoorn at vu.nl<mailto:m.hoogendoorn at vu.nl> | URL  www.cs.vu.nl/~mhoogen/<http://www.cs.vu.nl/~mhoogen/>
MAILING ADDRESS: De Boelelaan 1111, 1081 HV Amsterdam
VISITING ADDRESS: NU-10A87