[DL] Vacancy: Associate Professor in AI and Health @ Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam

Mark Hoogendoorn m.hoogendoorn at vu.nl
Fri Dec 10 17:27:35 CET 2021

At the Department of Computer Science of the Vrije Universiteit
Amsterdam we have a tenure track Associate Professor position available
in the area of AI and Health. This is a joint position with the
Amsterdam University Medical Center. The application deadline is January
15th. Please find a brief description of the positions below, including
a link to a more detailed vacancy description.

*Associate Professor in AI and Health*

The potential of techniques from Artificial Intelligence for improved
patient care is widely recognized. However, the number of applications
that make it to the patient or clinician remains low. One of the causes
of this gap is that clinicians and AI experts often speak a different
language. To try and bridge the gap between the two disciplines the
Amsterdam UMC (AUMC) and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) are joining
forces and are creating a joint position between the Cancer Center
Amsterdam of the Amsterdam UMC and the Department of Computer Science at
the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.

The position will focus on the use and re-use of structured and
semi-structured clinical data (opposed to medical imaging or
bioinformatics) to deploy and improve machine learning techniques to
develop clinically relevant models, mainly (but not exclusively)
targeting predictive modeling and personalization of healthcare. Besides
purely data-driven approaches, making a combination with the vast amount
of domain knowledge present in the medical domain is also in scope.

We are looking for a colleague with a cutting expertise, who is a leader
in the field, and can contribute to our stream of high quality
publications in this area, acquire external research grants, conduct
excellent teaching, and act as a bridge builder between the two involved
institutes.

For more details, see:
https://workingat.vu.nl/ad/associate-professor-in-ai-health/nwlyoe

Best regards,

Mark

--

Mark Hoogendoorn

Full Professor of Artificial Intelligence
Chair Quantitative Data Analytics Group

Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Faculty of Science, Department of Computer Science

T +31 20 59 87772 | M +31 6 539 22626
E m.hoogendoorn at vu.nl <mailto:m.hoogendoorn at vu.nl> | URL
www.cs.vu.nl/~mhoogen/ <http://www.cs.vu.nl/~mhoogen/>
MAILING ADDRESS: De Boelelaan 1111, 1081 HV Amsterdam
VISITING ADDRESS: NU-10A87