[DL] Faculty Positions in Logic-Based AI in Liverpool

Wolter, Frank wolter at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Apr 8 09:08:12 CEST 2021

Dear All,

Liverpool is hiring  a lecturer and a senior lecturer in logic-based AI. Applicants with expertise in areas such as Description Logic, Argumentation, Planning, or Databases are of particular interest.

If you are interested, please get in touch.

Best wishes, Frank

Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Artificial Intelligence Grade 8/9 (2 Posts)
Computer Science
026509
Deadline: 04-May-2021 23:30

We are recruiting to two positions in Artificial Intelligence: one is at Lecturer level and one is at Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level. We are looking for highly motivated, research-focused individuals who will undertake research of international standard and contribute to teaching in the Department of Computer Science at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. One appointment is available at Senior Lecturer level, depending on the experience and the qualifications of the successful candidates.

The appointment will be based on the proven research track-record or industrial experience of the candidates. We value fundamental research in core areas of AI. This is both with respect to research that would bolster existing expertise or offers potential for interdisciplinary activity with other areas both within and outside the University. We are particularly interested in applicants with experience in one or more of the following: AI in Law; Argumentation; Automated Reasoning; Bridging the gap between symbolic and sub-symbolic AI; Constraint Satisfaction; Description and Modal Logic; Explainable AI; Knowledge Representation; Logic for Multiagent Systems; Machine Learning; Planning and Search; Satisfiability and Satisfiability Modulo Theory, Theory of Databases. Researchers with an excellent track record in other relevant areas will also be considered.

We value the diversity of our Department and welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We recognise that many individuals value flexibility in their work/life balance and we will consider applications to work on a part-time, flexible and job share basis wherever possible (a minimum of 0.5 FTE). We are working to improve the gender balance in the Department of Computer Science, and we particularly welcome applications from women.

Please note that in terms of responsibilities and recognition, the position of a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in the UK is comparable to that of an Assistant/Associate Professor, respectively, in the United States.