[DL] Call for Papers ESWC 2019 Velocity on the Web Track

Riccardo Tommasini riccardo.tommasini at polimi.it
Thu Oct 18 20:22:23 CEST 2018

Sorry for cross posting,

LINK https://2019.eswc-conferences.org/call-for-papers-velocity-on-the-web-track/

All deadlines are 23:59 Hawaii time.
Research, Resources and In-Use Tracks

  *   Abstract submission: Monday 3rd December 2018
  *   Paper submission: Monday 10th December 2018
  *   Opening of rebuttal period: Monday 21th January 2019
  *   Closing of rebuttal period: Friday 25th January 2019
  *   Notification to authors: Monday 18th February 2019
  *   Camera ready papers due: Monday 18th March 2019

Description

The Velocity on the Web (VoW) research track is looking for impactful research contributions addressing theoretical, analytical and empirical aspects of the rapidly evolving information flows on the web. We encourage contributions to research at the intersection of Semantic Web and Stream Processing, Internet of Things and Data Integration, as well as, other scientific areas that would benefit from data sharing in a vast, unbounded, and noisy web environment. Submissions to the VoW research track should describe original work. For those contributions based on implemented systems, we encourage principled means of repeatable evaluation.

Motivation

Currently, we produce information faster than how much we can consume. While Social Media and News Streams flood the web with highly informative contents, users struggle in the attempt of satisfying their information needs. Knowledge Graphs are valuable sources to navigate the web space. However, they also require to manage frequent changes and highly dynamic data. In this scenario, there is a clear need of new theoretical, analytical and empirical Semantic Web solutions for taming variety and velocity simultaneously in a fast evolving and heterogeneous web environment.

Track Chairs

Emanuele Della Valle, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Stefan Schlobach, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam

Riccardo Tommasini
Master Degree Computer Science
PhD Student at Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
streamreasoning.org

Submitted from an iPhone, I apologise for typos.