[DL] Fully-funded PhD positions at University of Cagliari, Italy

Diego Reforgiato Recupero diego.reforgiato at unica.it
Sat Jul 28 17:11:51 CEST 2018

Fully-funded PhD positions at University of Cagliari, Italy

11 PhD grants (3-year Programme) are offered by the Department of
Computer Science at the University of Cagliari. 1 of these is reserved
to foreign candidates. Three more grants might be added for foreign
candidates too.

Each grant amounts to 50,000 euros. For research visits abroad (maximum
18 months) the grant increases of 50%.

Substantial extra funding is available for participation to
international conferences, schools, workshops, and research visits.
The language of the PhD program is English.
Please note that one grant will be awarded to carry out work within the
domain of financial technology for the forecasts of stocks market
indexes and shares (Robo-Trading, Robo-Advisory) and will be in
collaboration with a spin-off of the University of Cagliari.

Students will have the opportunity to work in different research areas
including Machine Learning, AI, Big Data, NLP and Natural Language
Understanding, Semantic Web, Recommendation Systems, Data Science,
Computer Vision, Complex Networks, Computational Geometry, Blockchain,
Sensors and Pervasive Computing, Architectures and Portable computing.

Equal opportunities to all applicants will be provided.

Application procedure must be done online. Deadline for applications is
27th August at 12.00 Italian time (GMT+2).

For details on the application check this link:
https://unica.it/unica/it/studenti_s01_ss05.page

If you are interested in working within the domain of AI, Machine
Learning, Deep Learning and Deep Reinforcement Learning, Big Data,
Natural Language Processing, Graph Theory, Recommendation, and Semantic
Web, we are the contact persons at the Department. We have several
collaborations with International, National Institutions and Companies
and within several national and International (e.g. H2020) projects. Our
lab is expanding and we always search collaborations with foreign
institutions to maximize the opportunities of our PhDs.

Questions can be forwarded to us:
Diego Reforgiato Recupero, diego.reforgiato at unica.it
Salvatore Carta, salvatore at unica.it

http://people.unica.it/diegoreforgiato/en/curriculum/
http://people.unica.it/salvatoremariocarta/curriculum/

Background information of the location.

Cagliari is the main city of the gorgeous Sardinia, autonomous region of
Italy. Cagliari is an ancient city with a long history. It has a
Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers and very mild winters and
wonderful beaches and ocean! Further details at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cagliari or google (just look for Sardinia
in Google Images to get an idea of the place)

The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science is hosted in the
Palazzo delle Scienze, located on top of a hill nearby the historical
area of Castello.

More info about Cagliari:
https://www.sardegnaturismo.it/en/places/south/cagliari

--