[DL] DL Theory Question

Thomas Schneider tschneider at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Tue Nov 25 09:17:54 CET 2014

Hi Erica,

BioPortal has some ontologies that are not too big (a few hundred axioms) and use most of SROIQ's features. The drawback in contrast to the family history ontology might be that you need to have some domain knowledge to understand the ontology and its entailments …

Cheers

Thomas

On 24.11.2014, at 15:29, Pavel Klinov <pavel.klinov at uni-ulm.de> wrote:

> Erica,
>
> Have a look at the Robert Stevens' family history ontology. IIRC, it's
> fairly small but uses most of SROIQ features.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pavel
>
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Ford, Erica Danielle <edford at wpi.edu> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am part of a pair of undergraduate students doing a project that involves using a model finder to analyze DL theories. The novelty of my professor's tool is that the model finder allows users to do interesting explorations and manipulations of models.
>>
>> One task we have is finding interesting examples, especially small examples.   We can mine the TONES repository of course but most of them seem to stay fairly low in the DL expressive hierarchy, so our tool can't show off its novelty.
>>
>> If anyone has advice about other places to look for complex DL theories I'd be grateful.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dan Dougherty
>> Erica Ford
>> Nick Murray
>> Worcester Polytechnic Institute
>>
>> **  You received this mail via the description logic mailing list; for more  **
>> **  information, visit the description logic homepage at http://dl.kr.org/.  **
>> **  SUBSCRIBE or UNSUBSCRIBE:                                                **
>> **              https://mailman.informatik.uni-bremen.de/mailman/listinfo/dl **
> **  You received this mail via the description logic mailing list; for more  **
> **  information, visit the description logic homepage at http://dl.kr.org/.  **
> **  SUBSCRIBE or UNSUBSCRIBE:                                                **
> **              https://mailman.informatik.uni-bremen.de/mailman/listinfo/dl **

Dr. Thomas Schneider
Universität Bremen, FB 03
Postfach 330440
28334 Bremen
Germany
+49 421 218-64432
http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~ts/
For visits: Cartesium, Room 2.56

Climpy (adj.)
Allowing yourself to be persuaded to do something and pretending to be reluctant.