[DL] Call for participation in OWL user study

Samantha Bail bails at cs.man.ac.uk
Wed Jun 13 19:50:11 CEST 2012

Dear all,

as announced at the DL 2012 workshop in Rome, we are currently conducting a user study to investigate how users interact with OWL ontologies. We would very much appreciate if you could take the time to participate in the study, as well as forward the information to any students who might be interested in taking part. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Samantha Bail

OWL user study - To participate, please visit: http://tinyurl.com/owlsurvey2012

- What will I have to do if I take part? -
The experiment will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. You will perform the study on a computer using a web-based survey tool. You will be presented with a series of questions that show individual sets of axioms, then reply whether a given axiom is entailed by the set of axioms or not.

- Will my data be anonymous? -
Yes. Names and identity will not be collected. The system allocates an ID for each set of data. All data usage is in the line with University policy.

- What will I receive if I take part? -
There is no payment for this task. You will, however, contribute to advancing the knowledge of how users interact with OWL, which can greatly improve user support in the area.

- Contact -
Samantha Bail (bails at cs.man.ac.uk), Bijan Parsia, Uli Sattler
The University of Manchester, UK

- URL -