[DL] A question about the expansion rule of Tableaux algorithm

Uli Sattler sattler at cs.man.ac.uk
Fri Jul 1 16:32:45 CEST 2011

Hi Jun, yes you are (mostly) correct, especially when it comes to
observing that you need blocking to prevent (!) non-termination, i.e.,
to make sure that you end after a finite number of steps, with a
finite structure. I guess you could look at

F. Baader and U. Sattler. An Overview of Tableau Algorithms for
Description Logics. Studia Logica, 69:5-40, 2001.

for a high-level discussion of this and similar cases, and also for
references to the literature.

Cheers, Uli