[DL] Quantification over roles

Cristiano Longo longo at dmi.unict.it
Wed Mar 2 10:24:17 CET 2011

Hi, I'm a novice about roles, so take care about what I say. In general
roles may be considered as univerally quantified formulae, for example
"A(x) <- B(x); C(x)" corresponds to the first order formula "(forall
x)(B(x) and C(x) -> A(x)".

Reasoning about roles themselves sounds like higher-level reasoning,
which is not strictly related to quantifiers. May you provide some
example to clarify?

Cristiano Longo