[DL] questions in containment role-value-map

Nicole Pierra nicolepierra85 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 17:46:35 CET 2010

Hello

I have some questions regarding a concept that I am trying to construct and would be grateful for your help.

The concept constructor is:  CC1 (R1, R2, R3)  (S1 S2 S3). This is a containment role-value-map.

{ x | for all y, if  <x,y> element of (R1, R2, R3) then  <x,y> element of (S1 S2 S3) }

My questions are:

1. If I maps R1 to set of empty elements, would that make the role chain (R1, R2, R3) empty?

2. If the first role chain (Rn) is mapped to an empty set, will my concept by empty as well?  Or will my concept be equivalent to the set of X which has <x,y> in (S1 S2 S3)

Thanks in advance
Nicole