[DL] Formalising real numbers

Uli Sattler sattler at cs.man.ac.uk
Wed Apr 14 11:57:53 CEST 2010

Hi Steve,

instead of axiomatizing structures like real numbers, these are
traditionally 'integrated' in form of so-called concrete domains (in
OWL, a weak form of those is supported in form of 'datatypes'): have a
look at

  C. Lutz. Description Logics with Concrete Domains—A Survey. In
Advances in Modal Logics Volume 4. World Scientific Publishing Co.
Pte. Ltd., 2003.

F. Baader and P. Hanschke. A Scheme for Integrating Concrete Domains
into Concept Languages. In Proceedings of the 12th International Joint
Conference on Artificial Intelligence, IJCAI-91, pages 452–457, Sydney
(Australia), 1991.

Cheers, Uli