[DL] Query: DL and additional Constraint Logic Programming Reasoning

william fitzgerald wfitzgerald at tssg.org
Thu Apr 23 15:22:34 CEST 2009

Dear DL experts,

I am wondering if anyone has developed a tool (or perhaps an api,
protege plugin etc) that interfaces with a constraint based reasoner
such as ECLiPLSe.

Currently I have developed a model in OWL-DL and use both Pellet and
SWRL-Jess reasoning within the Protege ontology editor.

Rather than construct a duplicate of my model within ECLiPLSe in an
adhoc manner I was hoping there might already exist a tool that can
either take at least take DL logic as an input or an OWL-DL ontology
itself whereby I can apply additional ECLiPSe constraint reasoning. (Of
course I know that like SWRL this kind of reasoning has the potential
can break the original DL consistent model)

Any pointers or direction is greatly welcomed.
regards,
Will.

--
|                   William M. Fitzgerald (MSc, BSc)                   |
|Researcher                                  | PhD Student             |
|Telecommunications Software & Systems Group,| Computer Science Dept., |
|ArcLabs Research and Innovation Centre,     | University College Cork,|
|Waterford Institute of Technology,          | Cork.                   |
|WIT West Campus,                            |                         |
|Carriganore,                                |                         |
|Waterford.                                  |                         |
|Office Ph: +353 51 302937                   |                         |
|Mobile Ph: +353 87 9527083                  |                         |
|Web: www.williamfitzgerald.org                                        |
|     www.linkedin.com/in/williamfitzgerald                            |
|     www.ryze.com/go/wfitzgerald                                      |
|     www.tssg.org/people/wfitzgerald/                                 |