[DL] Summer School on Verification Technology, Systems & Applications

Manuel Lamotte lamotte at mpi-inf.mpg.de
Fri Jul 4 09:31:10 CEST 2008

[ our apologies should you receive this message more than one time ]

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Please consider the below call for participation in our summer school
on Verification Technology, Systems & Applications, September 15-19, 2008.
The school aims at participants starting at the bachelor level.

Please forward the announcement to potentially interested students
and researchers.

thanks, best
 Stephan Merz
 Christoph Weidenbach
 Manuel Lamotte
 Roxane Wetzel

                 * CALL FOR PARTICIPATION *

                                1st Summer School

               Verification Technology, Systems & Applications

                         VTSA 2008

          Saarbruecken, Germany, September 15-19, 2008

             http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/vtsa08/

PROGRAM
-------

We believe that all three aspects verification technology, systems &
applications strongly
depend on each other and that progress in the area of formal analysis and
verifiation can
only be made if all three aspects are considered as a whole. Our five
speakers

        Clark Barrett        SAT and SMT: Theory and Practice
        Gilles Barthe        Formal Methods for Software Correctness and
Security
        Martin Fraenzle         Automatic Analysis of Hybrid Systems
        Radu Mateescu        Model Checking of Action-Based Concurrent
Systems
        Grégoire Sutre         Software Model Checking

stand for this view in that they represent and will present a particular
verification technology
and its implementation in a system in order to successfully apply the
approach to real world
verification problems.

PARTICIPATION
-------------

The number of participants in the school is limited to 40. We expect
participants to hold a
bachelor (or higher) degree in computer science (or equivalent) and to
have basic knowledge
in propositional and first-order logic.

Please apply electronically by sending an email to Manuel Lamotte (lamotte
(at) mpi-inf.mpg.de)
including

        - a one page CV
        - an application letter explaining your interest in the school and
your experience in the area
        - a copy of your bachelor certificate (or equivalent or a more
significant certificate)

until the 20th of July, 2008. Notifications on acceptance will be given by
July, 31st.
The registration will be open to accepted applicants starting on August,
1st, 2008.

LOCATION & TRAVEL INFORMATION
-----------------------------

VTSA will be held at the Max-Planck-Institute for Informatics
in Saarbruecken, Germany. Saarbruecken is the capital of one of
Germany's 16 federal states, the Saarland. It is conveniently located
in the center of Europe, on the border of Germany with France, between
Luxembourg, the Saar-Mosel valley, Frankfurt, and Strasbourg. Being
located on several main train and road routes, Saarbruecken is easily
reachable from Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Paris, or Luxembourg.
Saarbruecken also has its own (small) international airport.

ABOUT VTSA
----------

The scope of VTSA is international and it is addressed at students holding

a bachelor degree or researchers. The goal of VTSA is to bridge theory,
system
development and applications in formal analysis and verification.

VTSA is supported by the German-French University, INRIA, the Max Planck
Institute for Informatics, and the Graduate School on Trustworthy Software
Systems.

CONTACT
-------

The homepage of VTSA, providing further details can be found at

                http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/vtsa08

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
by sending an email to Roxane Wetzel (address is wetzel at mpi-inf.mpg.de)

Organizers: Stephan Merz & Christoph Weidenbach
Local Organizers: Manuel Lamotte & Roxane Wetzel