[DL] Local/global consequence and DL

Ivan José Varzinczak ivan at irit.fr
Wed May 17 18:03:11 CEST 2006

Dear colleagues,

  I just moved to description logics and I would like to ask you a question
about the standard logical entailment (from a TBox) in DL.

  Many definitions of entailment in DL I have seen look quite close to local
consequence in modal logics. However, I have also seen some definitions that
suggest global consequence is the case. I was not able to find an explicit
distinction in the literature on DL.

  Could anyone tell me whether a TBox is (by default) seen as a set of local
axioms?

  Thanks in advance,

  Ivan José

--
Ivan José Varzinczak - http://www.irit.fr/~Ivan.Varzinczak
Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse

17 de maio de 2006