[DL] Research Position available -- closing date today

Ulrike Sattler sattler at cs.man.ac.uk
Fri Apr 2 11:12:07 CEST 2004

Dear all, please note that the closing date for applications for the
position of a

    Research Associate in Comput**er Science, in the
    Information Management Group of the University of Manchester

is today (electronic applications are wellcome). The position is funded by
the EPSRC as part of the the project

    "Extending Expressive Description Logics"

in which we will investigate different extensions of expressive description
logics that are motivated by the use of DLs as the logical underpinning of
ontology languages such as DAML+OIL and OWL. Currently, we plan to
investigate extensions with nominals and with complex role inclusions,
and we plan to investigate their computational complexity and design
practical reasoning algorithms for suitable extensions.

You can find out more about

- the project at
http://194.66.183.26/WEBSITE/GOW/ViewGrant.ASPx?Grant=GR/S87171/01&bannerlink=Programme%20support

- the application formalities at
http://www.man.ac.uk/news/vacancies/research.html#317

In case you have further questions or are interested in this position,
please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards, Uli Sattler