[DL] Vacant position postdoctoral fellow in computer science with specialization in bioinformatics

Patrick Lambrix patla at ida.liu.se
Mon Oct 27 15:24:50 CET 2003

Linköpings universitet announces a vacant position as

Postdoctoral Fellow in computer science with specialization in bioinformatics.

The position is available immediately for a period up to four years.

We are looking for candidates to participate in research and education. The
position involves development of theories, methods and tools for
bioinformatics. Interesting areas are e.g. biological databases and
ontologies, text mining and data mining of biological data, comparitive
genomics, visualization of biological data, identification and modeling of
networks, gene regulation and protein structure.

The position is placed at the ADIT division
(http://www.ida.liu.se/divisions/adit/) at the Department of Computer and
Information Science (http://www.ida.liu.se/). The ADIT group is one of
several at the university that studies bioinformatics and we have good contacts
with the other groups.

A PhD degree is required as well as the ability to teach in Swedish or English.

For more information, the official announcement and details about the
application procedure we refer to: http://www.liu.se/en/job/show.html?1076

Applications must reach the registrar at Linköpings universitet no later than
November 26, 2003.