[DL] DL's semantics and model cheking questions ...

Antonio Aviña airamia at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Sep 3 06:28:48 CEST 2003

  Hiya ...

   Frist of all, I do thank you in advance for all your help.

Right, basically I have three questions:

1.- Why simple model cheking is not enough when querying a DL KB?, I
found a short explanation in a paper on Query Answering (by Tessaris and
Horrocks Ian) but to be honest this matter remains unclear to me :-) .

2.-  By assumming either a closed world assumption or epistemic-like
queries, simple model checking  would be enough for querying a DL KB?

3.- Where I can find more info about Tarski declarative semantics in
order to get a better understanding on DL Semantics?

cheers
Jose