[DL] CFP:Workshop on Applications, Products and Services of Web-based Support Systems

william at comp.hkbu.edu.hk william at comp.hkbu.edu.hk
Sat Aug 2 05:20:56 CEST 2003

(We apologize if you are receiving duplicates through different channels...)

                        Call for Papers

                          Workshop on
   Applications, Products and Services of Web-based Support Systems
                 October 13, 2003, Halifax, Canada
   http://www2.cs.uregina.ca/~jtyao/Workshop_WI03/Workshop_WI03.html

                     In conjunction with
   2003 IEEE/WIC International Conference on Web Intelligence
                 http://www.comp.hkbu.edu.hk/WI03/

The Web provides a new medium for storing, presenting, gathering,
sharing, processing and using information. The impacts of the Web
can be felt in almost all aspects of life.  Web Intelligence is a
sub-field of computer science that tries to meet the challenges
and take advantages of the opportunities offered by the Web. The
workshop aims to a particular field of Web Intelligence by
providing a forum for the discussion and exchange of ideas and
information by researchers, students, and professionals on the
issues and challenges brought on by the Web technology for various
support systems. One of our goals is to find out how applications
and adaptations of existing methodologies on the Web platform
benefit our decision-makings and various activities.

Some suggested topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
 - Web-based Decision Support Systems
 - Web-based Information Retrieval Support Systems
 - Web-based Multimedia Systems
 - Web-based Groupware System
 - Web-based Knowledge Management System
 - Web-based Educational System
 - Web-based Research Support Systems
 - Web-based Business Support Systems
 - Web-based Financial and Economic Systems
 - Web-based Internet Banking System
 - Web-based Applications
 - Web-based Negotiation Support Systems
 - XML and Semi-structured Data Management on the Web
 - Web Information Management
 - Web Information Retrieval
 - Web Mining and Farming
 - CASE tools and software for developing web-based applications
 - User-interface design issues for web-based applications
 - Visualizations of web-based systems
 - Systems Analysis and Design methods for web-based applications
 - Security issues related to web-based applications
 - Web-based Systems Development

Important Dates:
  August 22, 2003         Deadline for submission of papers
  September 6, 2003       Notification of acceptance
                 (1 week prior to Early Registration deadline)
  September 26, 2003      Final copy due
  October 13, 2003        Conference

Submissions:
Submitted papers should be formatted in the style of IEEE-Computer
Society Format:
http://www.computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm

The page limit for the final version is 12 pages.  We only accept
electronic submissions. Please send your manuscripts in PDF format
to the program chairs:

Dr. JingTao Yao             Dr. Pawan Lingras
University of Regina        Saint Mary's University
Canada                      Canada
jtyao at cs.uregina.ca         pawan at cs.stmarys.ca

Publication:
The onsite proceedings of the workshop will be published by WI 2003.
We may have a post-workshop special issue on a journal or an edited
book for selected papers with revision and extension.