[DL] Guidance on applying DL

Christel Kemke ckemke at cs.umanitoba.ca
Tue Jan 21 19:46:55 CET 2003

I would suggest - if you do not insist on using exactly DL - to look
into Rule-Based /Expert-System languages. In particular I would
recommend to check out CLIPS, which includes an inference engine for
reasoning based on a set of (given initial) facts. It allows more and
other specifications of rules than usual logic-based systems and
languages like PROLOG. There is also an extension to CLIPS, called COOL,
which integrates object-oriented programming, including inheritance (I
think meta-classes, too), and this you can use to implement some form of
DL.

Regards,
Christel Kemke

--
Christel Kemke
Dr.rer.nat., Dipl.-Inform., B.Sc. (Honours), Dip.Psych. (Open University)

Phone: +1 (204) 474-8674
Fax: +1 (204) 474-7609