[DL] model theory of description logics

Enrico Franconi franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
Sat Jun 29 15:20:37 CEST 2002

On June 28, Baris Sertkaya writes:
>         I am looking for documents on the model theory of description logics
>         and the relation between description logics and formal concept
>         analysis.

For the first question, any introductory paper in Description Logics
gives you the answer.
At the page <http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~franconi/dl/course/> you will
find pointers to the relevant introductory literature.
By the end of the year, an handbook will be published:
The Description Logic Handbook: Theory, Implementation and
Applications. Cambridge University Press, 2002. ISBN
0521781760. Edited by F. Baader, D. Calvanese, D. McGuinness,
D. Nardi, P. F. Patel-Schneider.

For the latter question, I'm not aware of any complete formal study
about the relation between the two formalisms.

Hope this helps
cheers
-- e.

Enrico Franconi                     - franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
University of Manchester            - http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~franconi/
Department of Computer Science      - Phone: +44 (161) 275 6170
Manchester M13 9PL, UK              - Fax:   +44 (161) 275 6204